Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. Are these tools new?
Yes. Everything we sell on the Tool Authority website is brand new.
Q. How does Tool Authority offer such great prices?
Tool Authority operates in conjunction with a national company that has been a leader in the tool industry since 1988. Having well-established relationships with the top manufacturers in the country for over 50 years allows Tool Authority to negotiate very completive prices and volume buying power. When Tool Authority picks up special pricing or offers we pass those savings on to our customers.
Q. My credit card has been declined. Why?
Typically this occurs because of an address issue. During the checkout process information is verified with the Credit Card Company. To resolve this issue you may try to…
- Double check that the billing address entered into the Tool Authority website is the billing address on file with the Credit Card you are using. (Please note that you may still enter a separate shipping address.)
- If you still encounter this problem you may want to contact your Credit Card Company to ensure they have the proper address on file for you.
If your address cannot be verified the transaction will not be successful. If your are still having a problem, feel free to call us and we will help you work it out.
Q. What security measures do you take at Tool Authority?
With identity theft and fraud on the rise Tool Authority has taken several precautions in order to protect our customers.
- We do not store Credit Card Numbers, period. Unlike many other sites, Tool Authority does not retain full credit card numbers. This removes the risk of data being compromised.
- We use the highest available encryption during the check out process and anytime you access your personal account. The encryption ensures that not even the most talented hacker in the world can see the information that is being sent between your computer and the Tool Authority website. Our encryption services are renewed annually.
- We use an extensive verification process during check out to help eliminate the risk of someone submitting a fraudulent order with your credit card.
- We gather only the information needed to complete an order such as your name and address. We will never ask for social security numbers or any other unnecessary personal information.
Note: Fraudulent orders placed on the Tool Authority website will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Q. When am I charged for a backordered or out of stock item?
We charge you for items on backorder or out of stock immediately, just as if it was in stock. But why?
- Our payment process is entirely automated. When an order is submitted the payment is processed immediately.
- We do not store credit card info and would have no way of charging a customer in the future.
- Please note that when an item is on backorder it will be delivered as soon as possible. Tool Authority will do everything in our power to expedite the process.
If at any point you decide that you no longer wish to wait simply let us know and we will be happy to submit an immediate and full refund, as long as the item has not already shipped.
Q. What methods of payment do you accept?
We accept the following forms of payment:
- Credit and debit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover