APPLYING FOR TAX EXEMPTION
Individuals or businesses who qualify to make tax exempt purchases may apply to have their Tool Authority online account marked as tax exempt. After approval, any purchases made when logged into your account will automatically exclude state tax at checkout. This exemption will only apply when shipping to the state(s) that have been approved.
Please follow the instructions below to apply.
- If you have not already, please create a Tool Authority account
- Contact customer support by sending an email to [email protected]. Make the subject of this email Sales Tax Exemption. In the body of the email, indicate that you are applying for a tax exemption and provide the email address that was used to create the online account
- As an attachment, submit your completed sales tax exemption form for the state(s) in which you conduct business. Make sure to list the description of goods to be purchased as Materials, Tools, Equipment and Supplies.
- After your submission is reviewed, you will either receive an email requesting additional information or one that confirms the tax exempt status of your account.
- Following approval, any orders placed on your account will not be charged tax when shipping to the state in which you have a sales tax exemption.
Our Tax Policies
We currently charge sales tax in the following states: