The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Portable Band Saw (model XBP03Z, tool only) delivers cordless metal cutting power to the jobsite. The XBP03Z has a Makita-built high torque motor and a compact design with less weight for a range of cutting applications in a variety of metal materials. The XBP03Z is engineered for a range of metal-cutting tasks, ideal for any electrical, HVAC, installation, metal building, metal fabrication, plumbing, and any pro contractor who requires a best-in-class engineered cordless portable band saw.
The XBP03Z features a Makita-built high torque motor 630 ft./min. blade speed for faster cutting and a 2-1/2″ cutting capacity is ideal for cutting conduit, Unistrut®, all thread, channel, corrugated, pipe, sheet metal, square tubing, and more. The adjustable foot protects material and provides positive support for more accurate cuts.
The XBP03Z weighs just 9 lbs. (with battery, sold separately) with a more compact design at 18-3/4″ long and an ergonomic shape that fits like a glove for reduced operator fatigue. The XBP03Z is also equipped with a built in L.E.D. light that illuminates the work area for more efficient work, as well as rubber bumpers and a removable hook.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- 2-1/2″ cutting capacity is ideal for cutting conduit, Unistrut®, copper pipe, threaded rod, angle iron and channel
- Makita-built motor delivers 630 ft./min. blade speed for faster cutting
- Wheel cover encloses the blade outside the cutting area making the saw suitable for one-handed operation per ANSI Standard 60745-2-20
- Aluminum blade housing for increased durability
- Exterior blade adjustment provides more accurate blade tracking for increased cutting performance
- Compact design at 18-3/4″ long; weighs only 9 lbs. with battery for convenient operation (battery not included)
- Built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the work area
- Tool hook secures the tool when not in use
- “Tool-less” blade change lever for fast installation and removal of blade
- Adjustable material stopper plate provides improved support for accurate cutting
- On-board hex wrench for convenience
- Soft grip handle provides increased operator comfort
- Accepts standard 32-7/8″ x 1/2″ blades
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- (1) Hex Wrench (783202-0)
- (1) 32-7/8″ 14TPI Compact Portable Band Saw Blade