Strength and SpeedDEWALT-designed electronics have been built into the DCD785C2’s switch to provide maximum life for the tool and battery by helping to protect them from overheating, overloading, and deep discharge during use. The 20-volt’s lithium-ion batteries provide up to 35 percent more runtime than existing 18-volt lithium-ion battery technology. The included charger has dual voltage capabilities, and it is compatible with both 12-volt max and 20-volt max DEWALT lithium-ion batteries; the DCD785C2 is also compatible with the 3.0 Ah lithium-ion batters that are available as replacement packs or come with the premium tools. Plus, the hammer drill’s high-power, high-efficiency motor delivers 350 unit watts out of maximum power for superior performance in light and medium drilling applications. A 1/2-inch ratcheting chuck with carbide inserts provides superior bit-gripping strength—reducing slippage during high-torque applications—thus providing longer tool life. The hammer drill/driver’s two-speed (0-600 RPM and 0-2,000 RPM) transmission allows users to select the appropriate speed for the job at hand and is up to 30 percent faster than current hammer drill/drivers on the market.
Comfort and ConvenienceThe compact hammer drill’s design incorporates a slim handle with contoured grip that extends user comfort during long jobs, and DEWALT’s engineering and design team adjusted the product footprint and weight allocation for ideal balance and a lightweight feel, making the 3.5-pound tool easy to maneuver in tight areas. The bright built-in LED work light above the trigger has a 20-second delay that improves visibility in dimly lit spaces.
About DEWALT's 20-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Tools...DEWALT’s line of 20-volt max lithium-ion tools features improvements in engineering and design to provide the performance, the ergonomics, and the innovation that contractors require. The new line consists of 11 tools, two lithium ion batteries, and two battery chargers, as well as a number of combo kits.
Most DEWALT® Tools purchased on or after January 1, 2004 come with a warranty package that includes:
Three-Year Limited Warranty. DEWALT will repair, without charge, any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship for three years from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover part failure due to normal wear or tool abuse. For further detail of warranty coverage and warranty repair information, visit www.dewalt.com or call 1-800-4-DEWALT (1-800-433-9258). This warranty does not apply to accessories or damage caused where repairs have been made or attempted by others. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary in certain states or provinces.
In addition to the warranty, DEWALT tools are covered by our:
- One-Year Free Service Contract. DEWALT will maintain the tool and replace worn parts caused by normal use, for free, any time during the first year after purchase.
- 90-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with the performance of your DEWALT Power Tool, Laser, or Nailer for any reason, you can return it within 90 days from the date of purchase with a receipt for a full refund – no questions asked.
- DEWALT HAND TOOLS LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY DEWALT warrants this product to the original purchaser for its useful life (not to exceed one year for products with electrical or electronic components) against deficiencies in material and workmanship. This LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY does not cover products that are improperly used, abused, altered or repaired. Deficient products will be replaced or repaired.
THIS LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY IS GIVEN IN LIEU OF ALL OTHERS INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND EXCLUDES ALL INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so these limitations may not apply to you. This LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY gives you specific legal rights that may vary from state to state.
- See specific tools for exceptions and/or read the Warranty FAQ.
- Click here for warranty information on tools purchased before January 1, 2004.
We believe a solid warranty package ensures the safety, reliability and service our products are meant to deliver — from the beginning to the end of every job.